37th National Veterans Wheelchair Games Sponsors
July 17-22, 2017
2017 NVWG Sponsors at this link.
The National Veterans Wheelchair Games (Games) is the largest annual wheelchair multi-sport and rehabilitation event in the world. The Games are open to U.S. military service veterans who use wheelchairs due to spinal cord injuries, certain neurological conditions, amputations or other mobility impairments. The Games are committed to fostering better physical and mental health for veterans with disabilities through sports competition. The Games are co-presented by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA) annually and will kick-off in Cincinnati on July 17 and continue for six action-packed days of competition and camaraderie. 600 athletes will compete in 19 sporting events, such as basketball, quad rugby, power soccer, softball, swimming, bobsledding and weightlifting to name a few.
Goals of the NVWG
- Improve the quality of life for veterans with physical disabilities
- Promote greater independence and functional skills through wheelchair sports and recreation
- Provide education and training for clinicians specializing in treatment of spinal cord injury/disease, amputations, MS and neurological disorders.
- Initiate camaraderie by matching newly injured veterans with returning veteran athletes who have previously participated in the Games.
The Games will provide several opportunities for your executives to engage with leadership from the Department of Veteran Affairs, Department of Defense, and Paralyzed Veterans of America as well as other national and local business leaders. Typically 600 veteran athletes compete and about 3,000 to 4,000 participate (VA and PVA employees, family members of the veteran athletes, corporate partner volunteers and the general public).
2017 in Cincinnati, OH – The majority of the sporting events, opening and closing ceremonies and VIP events will take place in the Duke Energy Convention Center. The remainder of the events will be located at various sites in the Cincinnati area.
When: July 17-22, 2017
- July 16: Sponsor Reception and booth set-up for the Disabled Sports, Recreation & Fitness Expo
- July 17: Disabled Sports, Recreation and Fitness Exposition, VIP Opening Reception and Opening Ceremonies
- July 18 – July 22: sporting events (open to the general public)
- July 22: Closing Ceremonies and Closing Dinner
Hosted By: The Department of Veterans Affairs and Paralyzed Veterans of America
Supported By: The Department of Defense
The Games depends on the assistance of thousands of volunteers in order to provide a safe and positive experience for our veteran athletes. Through sponsorship, corporate sponsors may choose to invite their employees to volunteer one day or several times during the week or support as “fans in the stands.” Volunteers will be inspired as they assist the athletes to achieve their personal best. Sporting events and opening and closing ceremonies are free and open to the public to attend.
Bronze ($14,000), Silver ($22,000), Gold ($33,000), Platinum ($53,000), Sustaining Host ($80,000), National Host ($105,000) and Premier ($150,000). All sponsor levels include an exhibitor booth.
Please contact Christine Kirkley about sponsorship and exhibit opportunities at 202-416-7743 or email@example.com.
For local OH sponsorship opportunities, please contact Ellen Graf at 513-487-6056 or firstname.lastname@example.org.