- Final Results from the 38th NVWG
- Online Athlete Registration (Athletes & Coaches)
- Athlete Required Forms
- Complete 38th NVWG Registration Information Packet
- Events & Rules
- Master Schedule
- Coaches Required Forms
- Online Volunteer Registration
- Hotel Information
Participation is open to Veteran having spinal cord injuries, amputations, multiple sclerosis, or other central neurological conditions. Physical disabilities must be permanent and measurable. All Veterans registering for the National Veterans Wheelchair Games must be eligible to receive care at a VA medical facility. When a veteran’s diagnosis and eligibility to compete is in question, we will refer to the eligibility criteria appropriate for that person to participate in other community wheelchair sports organizations.
New for 2018
- Archery has now shifted to Indoor Archery at a 18m distance. See NVWG Event and Rules Guidebook for further information.
- 2018 Exhibition Event: Three Hole Golf Tournament & Skills Clinic
- NVWG Team Challenge is a new event. NVWG Team Coaches will submit the team members representing their team to compete.
- Super G will continue to be invitational but the format will be head to head competition.
- Meal Debit Cards for the week of the Games will be for registered Athletes only.
- Hotel reservations will not be open until April 2, 2018. All reservations must be made by June 14, 2018.
Registration Deadline: April 15, 2018
All athletes and coaches must register by submitting the registration forms attached. Caregivers that are VA employees must also register using Coach Form. All must be postmarked by April 15, 2018.
The following documents must be completed, signed, and submitted to:
38th NVWG Registration
VA Puget Sound HCS (NVWG – Magnolia Campus)
1660 South Columbian Way
Seattle, WA 98108
Incomplete forms will automatically be returned if any of the following information is missing:
- VA ID Card
- Physician Clearance (VA Form 0925b; 2 pages)
- Photo Consent (VA Form 10-3203; 2 pages)
- Damage Provisions Signature Page (1 page)
- Waiver and Release of Liability (2 pages)
- Concussion Awareness Information (2 pages)
All forms must be completed in order to finalize your registration and secure your events.
Registration is limited to 600 athletes. Completed registration forms are accepted in the order they are entered, with priority given to novice athletes.
One coach per five athletes may register by completing all the appropriate information on the registration forms. All registration deadlines apply to coaches and athletes.
Athlete and coach registration information will be stored in the Games database for purposes of historical information.
For VA employees using VA travel to attend the NVWG, one VA coach may register up to 5 novice and/or experienced athletes with established rehabilitation goals relevant to their participation at the NVWG. VA caregivers, such as VA nurses, are permitted to support only those veterans meeting this criteria. We recognize that the level of care determines the staffing ratio and leave that determination to the individual VAMC, although this may be reviewed and justification required. Registration is required for both VA caregivers and coaches.
Athletes needing a caregiver must arrange that support on their own. NVWG Medical Staff not available to provide attendant support.
Complete 38th NVWG Registration Information Packet (PDF)
Greenlight Hall is a collaborative effort between Full Sail University and the VA, designed to showcase adaptive technology for paralyzed veterans. Through a variety of interactive exhibits provided by companies dedicated to developing innovative technology solutions, veterans are able to take part in a wide range of virtual experiences made possible by technology, from VR gaming to simulated golf experiences to virtual hang gliding. Visit Greenlight Hall during this year’s National Veterans Wheelchair Games, taking place in Orlando from July 30 to August 4.
- Sean Gibbs
- Ernest Williams
- Raymon Chrampanis
- Chris Hull
- Doris Merrill
- Diana Woods
- Ryan Lindstrom
- Jimmy Green
- David Rountree
Power Soccer link:
All times are EST.
Monday, July 30, Day 1 events (Games Kick-off, 12 noon; Opening Ceremonies, 6 pm):
Tuesday, July 31, Day 2 events (Quad Rugby 1 pm & 3 pm; Basketball 6:30 & 8:00 pm):
Wednesday, August 1, Day 3 events (Softball 1:30, 3:30, 6:30, & 8:00 pm):
Thursday, August 2, Day 4 events (Slalom, 3 pm; Quad Rugby 6 pm & 8 pm-Bronze medal match):
Friday, August 3, Day 5 (Powerlifting/Quad Weightlifting 1 pm; Swimming 1 pm; Softball 8 pm-Championship/Gold medal match):
Saturday, August 4, Day 6 (Super G 9:30 am; Quad Rugby Championship 1 pm; Basketball Championship):
- Adaptive Sports Resources
- Sports / Fitness / Recreation Promotion
- Research Links
- Training & Fitness Recommendations
- Adaptive Equipment Info (Per Sport)
- Coaching Training Recommendations