We are very excited to bring the Triathlon Event to the 36th National Veterans Wheelchair Games (NVWG) as an exhibition sport. This is an emerging sport across the country as well as a new Paralympic event.
Not for just the elite athletes, Veterans in every community across the United States have the opportunity to get out for walks, cycle races, and other community events to be active and engaged. We hope this opportunity serves to educate and motivate our Veterans beyond the week in Salt Lake City.
- The event will be held at Liberty Park.
- The race distance order: 200m swim; 10K cycling; 2.5K road race.
- The competition will be non-medal this year, but competitors will compete as Para Open; Quad Open and by gender.
- Competitors will be allowed two personal handlers to assist in designated transition areas.
- Racing Chairs and Sports Chairs are allowed for the 2.5K road race portion of the event.
- Competitors will be required to attend a Pre-Race Meeting at 8am the day of the event.
- The race reflects the USA Para triathlon Super Sprint distance.
Contact Andy MacDonald at email@example.com for more information.
Pre-event education at this link (PDF format).